Chapter Four
Francis Chan
The Profile of the Lukewarm
"Would you describe yourself as totally in love with Jesus Christ? Or do the words halfhearted, lukewarm, and partially committed fit better?"
"LUKEWARM PEOPLE gauge their morality or "goodness" by comparing themselves to the secular world. They feel satisified that while they aren't as hard-core for Jesus as so-and-so, they are nowhere as horrible as the guy down the street."
"LUKEWARM PEOPLE love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves...Their love is highly conditional and very selective, and generally comes with strings attached."
"LUKEWARM PEOPLE do whatever is necessary to keep themselves from feeling too guilty. They want to do the bare minimum to be "good enough" without it requiring too much of them."
"LUKEWARM PEOPLE feel secure because they attend church, made a profession of faith at age 12, were baptized, come from a Christian family, vote Republican, or live in America...we are not safe just because we wear the label Christian."
I don't know about you, but these were just some of the in-your-face quotes that Francis Chan had in chapter four! NUTS! It really made me think...just like when I read this...I was speechless...and I still am...
Daddy Daughter Dance
11 years ago
1 comments:
I know...
That book kicks my booty ever time I pick it up! :)
I love what you've highlighted from this chapter!
Post a Comment