CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snake Eggs...WHAT!?

My classroom is the last one in the hallway...so my room is right by the door to go outside. One day I was up at school working late...walked outside and saw a little mouse! Yes...Stuart Little lives under the concrete right outside my room. Well I didn't say anything to the kids...and a few weeks later a couple of them were packing up at the end of the day and saw Mr. Little run into his home! So the secret was out!

Well last week...my babies were getting ready to go home...and several of them came running back in my room saying, "there are snake eggs outside...Stuart found snake eggs!" Well, I was going to just wait till everyone left and then go check out these snake eggs...but everyone had to know...are these snake eggs???? Here is what you see when you walk right outside the building...
As I was walking to the eggs I thought...oh dear I need to be careful...where ever there are snake eggs...there is a mama snake...or Stuart Little himself!! So with camera in hand...sneaking up to these eggs...my kids with their little noses pressed against the glass of the window waiting for the reaction of me seeing these snake eggs. I get closer...closer...closer...and instead of seeing snake eggs...I see this:
GOLF BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I picked one up...turned around...and yelled, "these are NOT eggs...they are silly golf balls!UGHHH...let's finish getting ready to go home...the science lesson is over!" My kids all started cracking up...and made fun of me! Yep...they made fun of how I was sneaking up on the eggs...they said I look scared!

Oh, how I love these teachable moments with my babies...

0 comments:

Post a Comment