CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Small...

During all my drama someone, who I thought was a good friend said to me in anger, "Tiffany I am glad my god is not like you...someone who has conditional love...like you do for Chris!" At the time I was so hurt by this comment. It totally broke my heart. How could someone who says they care for you and say this? Is there no filter? People that say...they "hurt with you" do they really?

But now I think...wasn't this person doing the same thing to me...that they was accusing me of having? Also...doesn't EVERYONE have some degree of conditional love? That's what makes us...US...and NOT God! I think about my babies at school...when we are having a good day we all love each other and want to be there. On other days I am ready to get out of there right when the bell rings. I know not all people in relationships have unconditional love...I have SO many examples here recently. No one I know, and especially not this old friend of mine, would find themselves dying on a cross for me...except Jesus! That's why He did it and not us! So why would I give someone enough credit in my life to think they had room to say this about my life...when I know it's not true in theirs?

I am so thankful that the Lord is the same today, was the same yesterday, and will be the same tomorrow. (Psalm 102) Just the thought that my God truly unconditionally loves me no matter what; gives me chill bumps. I watched this video the other day...that the scene started on Mt. Everest and zoomed out to the cluster of galaxies our solar system is in. It made me feel so small and at the same time I found myself so loved by God. To know that He loves me enough...my conditional love and all...to die on the cross for ME! Just the thought...made this broken heart from this comment and all this drama start to heal just a little bit more...because I know my God loves this person and all the other people that have hurt me...showed their true colors...broken my heart...just as much as He loves me! So why hold on to this? I don't...not anymore...I'm still standing...this was just a chapter in my life and now I can turn this page!
So once again, I found myself falling more in love with a God who is showing himself to me through people who I have loved and lost. And how He is the only thing...I can truly hold on to...find my true joy...true love...and most of all true grace.

3 comments:

Just Brandi

Beautiful.
And the people that loved YOU conditionally have no one to answer to but God.
Let them hash it out!

Love you.... UNconditionally!!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard

AMEN!

Cathryn Elaine

That was so beautifully written, Tiffany. I have SO much to say, too, but i am not as good at putting my thoughts into words and onto paper!

And what that person said to you about them being glad that their God wasn't like you because of your conditional love for Chris... WHAT??? What kind of point were they trying to make! Well, I am glad MY God isn't like THAT person!! A judgemental, CONDITIONAL, legalist, that has NO point to make, except to hurt people's feelings when they are already in pain!! Ugh!!

I'm so sorry, Tiffany. I love you.

Post a Comment