This Sunday at church I heard a great message...and I wanted to share some good points that really hit home for me.
Our pastor told us a story about a football player named Roy "Wrong Way" Riegels. He was playing in the Rose Bowl on January 1st, 1929. Roy was the center for the University of California. The ball was fumbled; Roy picked it up and ran 65 yards for the touchdown but found himself running in the wrong direction! He was tackled by his own teammate. Georgia Tech went on and won the game by one point!

He told us this to say..."it doesn't matter how hard you try to get to your goal but if you're running towards the wrong direction you will fail." I loved that and could SO relate. I feel that Chris and I were running but running to the wrong end zone. We were running to the end zone...team name "so-called". We were running to be the so-called perfect couple. Everyone has their problems...and it just so happens that our mistakes are out for everyone to see. I was talking to a good friend the other night...and told her that I wish I just knew what the Lord was using this hurt and ruff times for. She said...Tiff you will know...someday the Lord will open doors and will use you guys for His plan! So I hold onto that right now...and pray that exact thing...Lord open doors for us to use this for YOUR team! We also ran to the end zone...team named "friends". We both are people pleasers...we care alot about our friend relationships. We were running towards the team that let us down and broke our hearts in the end. We have learned the hard way that we can have good friends in our life...but we are now okay now with not having several good friends. We now would like real friends that will stand by us through our good...bad...and ugly. Some people no matter how much you think they care about you and want the best for you...they still look out for #1...and that is sad when they have two in their life like Chris and I who really do care about them and want whats best!
Chris and I have now picked up the fumbled ball...turned around...and we are now starting to run towards the right goal...and the right end zone. I am confident...excited...happy...thankful that Chris and I have this hardship to build the marriage going towards the right goal!
2 comments:
Nobody is perfect. No marriage is perfect.
It is a learning process and you have to figure out what's right for you guys.
So glad you're holding on and running in the right direction!
Love u.
VERY well said. I agree with you and could not have put it any better.
Post a Comment